Four are the subjects involved in the procedure:
- Retailer (Made in Firenze).
- Banca Sella Virtual POS.
- International Credit Card Circuits.
Order Processing Sequence:
- The customer visits the online shop and decides to purchase one or more items paying by credit card. He/She will be requested to fill in a form with all the details the retailer needs to fulfil the order (name, address, etc.). The confirmation page will report: – all non-sensible data referring to the order; – the total amount due;
- Sensible payment details, including the cardholder’s name and the credit card number, are entered only in an encoded and therefore secure page (Banca Sella uses a 128-bit encryption system) so as to guarantee the secure transmission of data via the Internet. The “Enter” button on the order form is associated to a script that directs the customer and the page with the entered data to the payment page on Banca Sella secure server;
- Banca Sella collects the data relative to the transaction (credit card details and amount due) and transmits them to the international credit card circuits for authorisation via the same proven systems used by real POS;
- The card issuing bank can either authorise or refuse to authorise the transaction;
- Banca Sella server redirects the customer to the virtual store server. A page in the corporate layout of the online shop will appear, stating whether the transaction has been successfully concluded;
- At the same time, Banca Sella emails both the retailer and the customer all of the details relative to the transaction: the name of the shop, date and time of the transaction, amount due and the outcome of the transaction. During the above-mentioned steps the credit card is checked for validity and availability of funds and the amount due is deducted from the available credit but no financial transaction is made: the card is not charged with the amount due and the same amount is not credited to the retailer. According to “Made in Firenze” customer guarantee policy, the financial transaction is not concluded and the credit card is not charged with the amount due until the retailer/Made in Firenze communicates to the bank that the merchandise has been sent, in compliance with international rules and regulations concerning payments by credit card, which are oriented to protect card holders.
Rates And Options
Couriers and Forwarders: “Made in Firenze” by Dataflorence S.r.l. delivers its products by DHL.
Goods are dispatched to destinations in the European Union either by DHL Air Worldwide (estimated delivery time: 3/4 working days) or by DHL Economy Select (estimated delivery time: 5/7 working days).
Goods are dispatched to extra-EU destinations, including the USA, Australia, Japan, Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, Latin America etc., by DHL Air Worldwide (estimated delivery time: 4/5 working days) and/or by UPS Air Service (estimated delivery time: 5/7 working days).
Tariffs and Estimated Delivery Time
Delivery costs are added in the Shopping Bag page before proceeding to payment. Goods dispatched to extra-EU countries are not subject to VAT.